1. Yesterday as I nursed Angel Girl in the computer chair while reading blogs, I leaned back too far and tipped us over. As we fell in seeming slow motion I tightened my left arm firmly around her and braced us for the fall with my right. But the force of impact catapulted her right out of my left arm. She was about to face plant onto the carpet when my right arm (thank goodness for reflexes) caught her across the belly, her nose an inch from the floor. Though not hurt she cried for a minute because of fright. Then it was back to sucking happily on the mama, while the mama chuckled and shook her head at the instant replay she kept seeing in her head.
2. On the day we actually went out and did something really cool (Science center), Obi-Wan peed all over himself. And me being the good mama that I was, I rubbed the wet spots with damp paper towels, put the pants back on my son and told him to go play some more because we weren’t leaving after we’d just arrived.
3. Count Dooku informed me at dinner the other night that, “you make da worst dinners of da house.”
I’m really not a bad cook people. He was trying to say that Daddy’s dinners are better. Hubby has been cooking for months now and he’s better at it than I am. He’s a cook. I’m a good recipe follower. And Count Dooku is going to be eating soap if he doesn’t learn some tact.
4. I’ve been given an award! Cheryl at Happy Meets Crazy says my writing inspires hers and has bestowed the ROAR for powerful words award on me:
“…ROAR Award for good writing. The rules for being A Roar for Powerful Words recipient are that I share three writing tips and pass the award on to three more bloggers worthy of recognition and esteem…”
So three writing tips:
A. Don’t force the story. You may have started writing it with a certain ending in mind but if you’re a really good author you’ll let it take it’s own course.
B. Spelling and grammar people
C. Don’t ever write something based on what you think your reader will want to read. When you write it for you it’s always more powerful.
Thanks Cheryl! I’d like to pass this on to:
Michelle at In the Life of a Child who inspires me with her beautiful descriptions of life with her sweet family, Aubrey at aubrey annie for her prose like blog entries that captivate the attention and Holly at 2 Kids and Tired whose blog entries always seem to make me feel cozy.
5. I’ve been given another award! Michelle at In the life of a Child has given me the Forever Friends award:
I’d like to pass this on to all of my regular readers! You know who you are so take it!